New this year to the Duluth Women’s Expo is WomenRock, a breast cancer awareness event and fundraiser to help Northland women and their families with much-needed resources and support through the St. Luke’s Foundation. The St Luke’s Breast Cancer Fund in the past has helped support many efforts including:
– Breast Cancer Support Group
– Cancer Survivorship Lecture Series
– “Voices of Hope” DVD given to newly diagnosed breast cancer patients
– Robes for Breast Center patients
– Books for kids to help them understand a cancer diagnosis (books were “Still Me” and “Chemo Cat”)
– Renovations and updates to our Breast Center
WomenRock will raise money for the foundation through games and a silent auction!
“Previously the WomenRock event was presented at Spirit Mountain but was moved this year to be part of the much larger and established Women’s Expo with hopes it would increase awareness and ultimately increase the fundraising,” said Kynze Lundeen, Vice President of Lundeen Productions.
NEW THIS YEAR!
Women Rock will now feature top regional female music acts, including Sydney Hanson, Mama Guppy and the Fish Heads, Laura Velvet Unplugged and Leyla Aktekin – Note-able.